The students form an integral part of any teaching organisation. The university also recognises the student power and cooperates with the Central University of Punjab Students Union (CUPSU). Both CUPSU and the university jointly work towards the betterment and the advancement of the academic life of the university. The office bearers of the Students Union are:
Executive Members of Student Council at Central University of Punjab
- Started Students’ Cooperative Mess (first time) in the university from 27 October 2015 and which is running successfully.
- Worked for arranging UGC NET-JRF Coaching classes on 17 November 2015 in the university campus without fee with the help of University UGC NET-JRF Cell. Consequently three students qualified JRF and two cleared for UGC-NET.
- Organise a Guest lecture on 03/12/2015 for the students, on the issue of “Privatization and Commercialization of Higher Education: Issues and Challenges”. In which Eminent speaker Dr. Karamjeet Singh from the Regional Centre Bathinda, Punjabi University, Patiala interacted with the student for two hours.
- Arranged the function/Celebration of Lohri on 13 January 2016, just to tell about the rituals/culture of Punjab region to all the students and especially to the students from outside the State. And exactly all of them enjoyed the movement.
- Helped in the collection of hostel fee (successfully) from the hostellers and requested to the administration to postpone the last date of fee submission without fine from 15/01/2016 to 07/02/2016, which was accepted by the University administration.
- Organise an event on Martyr day of Shaheed (Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev) and a guest lecture by famous Punjabi writer Mr. Attarjeet Singh on Shaheed Bhagat Singh’s thought and its relevance for the Students in the Present Context on 23 March 2016.
- Organised the celebration of Holi on 24 March 2016.
- Council had also taken action on the complaints of students’ about the misbehaviour of Tuck-Shop contractor, very seriously and which was settled by the removal of the same from the university. The Same time Council worked for the joining of new Tuck Shop and Confectionary items, Service provider and who joined the same work on competitive rates and less than the old contractor. The new Contract is for a wide range of services on competitive rates/less than market rates.
- The request of the Council for the permission of print-out for the students from University Library.
- Working on the provisions for providing of cash less of medical Insurance for the all the students of CUPB.