Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, takes an initiative to make the students self-reliant and develop their creativity and skills during their stay at university. The university encourages the students to take up part time jobs at the university to make then independent under the “Earn While You Learn" scheme on campus will be starting shortly.
Objectives of the scheme are to:
- Exploit the immense potential of students as a valuable human resource.
- Involve the students in management and development of the institution.
- Give students hands on experience and thereby prepare them for jobs in future.
- Encourage young students to learn about dignity of labour.
- Prevent students from avoidable distractions and engage them in meaningful, positive activities.
- Enable meritorious and needy students to earn a reasonable amount every month to meet their expenses.
- Prof. P. Ramarao, Dean Academic Affairs
- Prof. Ashok K. Dhawan, Dean Students Welfare
- Dr. Monisha Dhiman, Associate Professor
- Students who are registered in CUPB for any programme having at least 75% attendance.
- The students should not be the recipients of fellowship/financial aid from any other funding agency, either private or public.
- All post graduate students (with above criteria) of the university departments can be considered for the assistants in library, laboratory, computer centre and store.
- A supervisor may be nominated to monitor the progress work and maintain the attendance record under each category and he/she may countersign with the COC for forwarding the monthly claims.
Earn While You Learn (EWYL) scheme
Under the scheme the students can be assigned various tasks as listed below in the university campus:
In the labs/workshops the students can be engaged for making them responsible for handling the equipment/machinery, its maintenance and upkeep, storage of equipment and upkeep of Laboratories/Workshops. Senior students shall be useful for conduct of practicals.
- Preparing protocol handouts for practicals and research work.
- Helping the faculty in the purchase of essential laboratory accessories.
- Maintenance of stock registers and other record in the laboratory.
- The students engaged for library jobs such as cataloguing, replacement of books and journals in shelves, display of books, repair and binding the books.
The students can also be engaged for performance of various office jobs like preparation of statements, compilation and analysis of data, maintenance of student and faculty data and help in preparation of reports.
- University Stores
Store inventory, data entry, maintaining registers.
- Computer Centre
Maintenance of hostel records such as student’s attendance, general cleanliness in the mess and hostel.
The above job descriptions are only illustrative and not exhaustive. Other jobs/areas may be added subsequently based on the feedback from university staff and students.
How to Apply
Interested students may apply in the prescribed application form. Click Here to download application form
For doing the above jobs the students may be paid @ Rs. 40/- per hour (Minimum wages notice attached) and students would be permitted to work for maximum 3 hours a day and this ceiling on working hour is stipulated that the jobs are not pursued at the cost of study.
The applications from students would be invited any time a need of additional help is felt by any center/office of the university. The EWYL Committee shall select the students on the basis of students interest, expertise (if any) and the knowledge/skills the applicant has.
The payment of students under the scheme would be met out from the fine collected from various sources or any other relevant budget head.
In order to keep vigil on the deployment of students and payments to be made to them the following restrictions are required to be imposed:
- The students may not be deployed in excess of the non-teaching vacant posts to be identified for this purpose.
- Students may be assigned a task for maximum 3 hours per day.
- The working hours will be before or beyond the regular scheduled classes.
- The EWYL committee shall make the recommendation for the selection of candidates.
- The working hours for all categories of assistants shall be evenly distributed over a period of one month.
- Enrollment register is to be maintained by the concerned faculty/staff which may contain full particulars of the enrolled student and details of the work to be allocated to him mentioning therein actual working hours.
- The concerned faculty/staff is to verify the work done and will record on the payment voucher that the student has actually worked for which the remuneration is being paid.
- The accounts section has to maintain the entire record and will produce the same for scrutiny as and when requested by the audit.
- Any student claiming false payments will be immediately terminated from the EWYL scheme and disciplinary action will be taken against him.